Replenishing the ERU kits
The, together with the warehouse officer, updates the stock records with the stock movements related to the deployment, capturing which modules have been deployed on the kit list and on the stock report.
The ERU equipment is not usually expected to be returned to the deploying ERU standard operating procedure.. Instead, the kit is usually handed over to the , following appropriate evaluations and a handover plan. Kit returns must be discussed and agreed with logistics. The procedure to agree kit returns is detailed in the
Before getting started on the replenishment of the kit, the LOGE should make sure that:
- The emergencies team have agreed to the replenishment.
- All kit feedback has been considered and changes to the kit contents, if any, have been agreed.
- Note: no items should normally be returned from an ERU deployment, but this can be agreed between the deployed team, the response lead and the logistics team on a case-by-case basis.
The LOGE then puts a procurement plan together, indicating for each item:
- how it will be sourced (small purchase, framework agreement, , etc)
- an estimation of its value
- an estimation of the delivery timeline.
The procurement plan is stored on PIMS and available from the LOGE upon request. As the replenishment is ongoing, the LOGE updates the directorate via the logistics status report, sent out every Friday afternoon, which captures the progress of replenishment.
Delivery of the different modules of the kit is organised by the LOGE and the warehouse officer. For delivery instructions, see the Bulwick warehouse SOP.
As items and modules are replenished, the LOGE liaises with international finance to ensure the new kit’s value is captured correctly on the balance sheet. See the balance sheet guidance note for more details.
The replenishment of ERU kits should ideally take a maximum of 15 weeks from the moment the technical owner validates the replenishment. However, supplier lead times vary and some modules are more challenging to source than others. The LOGE should provide weekly updates on replenishment progress through the logistics status report.
Download the full section here.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.